Frederick Bankruptcy Lawyer Helping You Overcome Debt
Skilled attorney guides clients in Pennsylvania, Maryland and West Virginia through the bankruptcy process
If you’re facing serious financial problems, it can be difficult to think about anything else. This can affect your personal life, your health, and/or your marriage.
If you are being sued, receiving constant phone calls from creditors, your wages are being garnished, your bank account has been attached, there is a foreclosure or repossession of your property; relief is available to you through Bankruptcy by:
- Stopping a wage or bank garnishment; and in some cases reclaiming the funds taken
- Preventing the loss of your home to foreclosure
- Discharging personal loans, medical or credit card bills
- Restructuring payment obligations
- Stopping lawsuits and litigation
- Reorganizing your debt obligations, including, the repayment of your past-due mortgage payments and/or removal of a second mortgage lien from your house
- Reducing your car loan obligation;
- Retaining property that may otherwise be lost to your creditors
Law firm advises on legal options to manage financial distress
When severe debt drives you to seek help, an experienced bankruptcy attorney can offer guidance and peace of mind. When you decide to file for bankruptcy, I will make a detailed examination of the relevant circumstances and advise you on ways you can obtain relief, including:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy — Individuals who are eligible for Chapter 7 bankruptcy can get a fresh start by having many of their debts discharged. My firm can guide you through the process and explain the types of debts that can be eliminated.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy — In Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings, my firm represents income-earning clients who require court assistance to stop collection efforts and establish a debt reorganization plan. I advocate for a reasonable program under which you can retain your property and possibly eliminate certain liens over a three- to five-year time frame.
- Stopping wage garnishment — If a portion of your wages or bank account is being confiscated to pay creditors, bankruptcy offers a prompt solution. The automatic stay that occurs after filing for bankruptcy stops creditors from garnishment and collection agencies from harassment at once.
Whether your financial difficulty was triggered by a divorce, job loss, medical condition, or any other circumstance, there is no need to hesitate when seeking the appropriate legal assistance. My firm can start turning your circumstances around promptly.
Maryland attorney assists property owners facing foreclosure and repossession
If you’re in debt and own a home, it can be difficult to make your mortgage payments, but keeping possession of your home and car can be essential to restoring your financial standing. If you have been threatened with home foreclosure or repossession of your vehicle or other items, my firm can help protect your property through bankruptcy protection, effective negotiation, or other methods designed to reduce your required payments.
Contact a dedicated Frederick bankruptcy lawyer for experienced counsel
Arthur W. Boyce, P.A. guides people in Maryland, West Virginia and Pennsylvania through bankruptcy cases and other types of legal matters. Please call 240-575-1033 or contact me online to schedule a meeting at my office in Frederick.
“Dear Mr. Boyce, Thank you very much for all you did for us for our bankruptcy. You were quick and efficient, and we appreciate it. Also many thanks to your staff who were always helpful, kind and efficient – a pleasure to talk to!! Please give them our regards.”
5.0 Rating ★★★★★
“I came to you during the most difficult time in my life so far. You were a straight shooter from the start which I appreciated. The work you put into my case amazed me. I know I couldn’t have done it. Then to watch you in court was the icing on the cake. You were always professional and well prepared.”
5.0 Rating ★★★★★
“I would like to thank you and your staff for handling my issues with professionalism and respect. Your advice and expertise was exceptional. I really do appreciate the time and effort you put into my case and found an excellent outcome.”
5.0 Rating ★★★★★