Divorce Lawyer In Frederick, MD

Licensed in Maryland, West Virginia and Pennsylvania

Your divorce will be one of the major events in your life. Aside from the obvious emotional turmoil that comes in a divorce, you must make a number of major decisions about your children and your marital property. The way in which these issues are resolved will impact your life for years to come.

An experienced divorce lawyer can go a long way to ensure that your rights will be protected throughout the legal process. Mr. Arthur Boyce, together with his staff, represents people in family law matters throughout the Tri-State region of Maryland, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Contact his Frederick, Maryland, office to schedule a consultation.

Finding Solutions That Protect Your Interests

Mr. Boyce is able to address every issue associated with your divorce, from child custody and spousal support to property division. He understands that child custody issues, in particular, can sometimes be difficult to address. He will protect your interests in negotiations and, if necessary, litigation.

In many divorces, the most intricate legal issues involve evaluating and dividing marital assets. For instance, in Maryland, marital property is valued on the date of divorce. In West Virginia, marital property is valued on the date of “separation.” When one or both spouses have pensions, Mr. Boyce is experienced in the drafting of a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO), which assigns a portion of a pension to each spouse. He has practiced law since 1986, and is familiar with the complexities of each of the state’s laws where he is licensed.

Mr. Boyce Also Handles Military Divorces

In his family law practice, he has represented numerous soldiers and spouses stationed at Fort Detrick or other local military locations. He understands the specific factors involved in a military divorce that are not present in a civilian divorce, such as the division of military pensions and other military benefits.

Contact Frederick, Maryland Divorce Attorney Arthur W. Boyce

Call 240-575-1033 or e-mail the law firm to speak with an experienced divorce lawyer about your situation.